Friday, July 22, 2011

GCC Recipe Swap

We have an extended family get-together tomorrow and I always get asked to bring this salad. I never have any left to bring home. Hope you like it.

Broccoli Salad



2 heads of fresh broccoli
1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup raisins (or craisins)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
1 cup mayo
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 grated cups mozzarella

Chop up tops of broccoli (no stems) into bite size pieces. Mix broccoli, onions, bacon, mozzarella, raisins, and seeds. In a separate bowl mix mayo, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Best made a day ahead so the flavors can combine.

Do you have a recipe to share? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

4 comments:

Carol@easytobeglutenfree said...

Yum! I love broccoli salad. That is pretty much the same recipe I use. So good! Thanks for hosting!

Rachel @ Simple Girl said...

MMM..... That's one of my favorite salads. My husband served me Steak, Lobster and Broccoli Salad the night that he proposed!

Wendy D. said...

I love your blog. I must be tired though, cause when I entered my recipe, I entered my name, not my recipe name. Doh! Can you delete me and I will reupload it? Thanks! Wendy

Jane said...

Good Morning,
I linked up my Chinese Cabbage Salad. Thanks for hosting!

I also have a recipe Blog Hop going on along with some great giveaways:

http://www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com/melt-in-your-mouth-monday-23/

Have a great week!