Thursday, October 23, 2008

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

I like potatoes. They are a total comfort food for me and we eat them a lot. This is one of my favorite side dish recipes and sometimes I'll make a main dish out of it by tossing in some sauteed chicken and tomatoes at the end.

Oven Roasted Potatoes

3 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces

1/4 cup olive oil

1 head of garlic skinned and sliced or minced

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Put into 9 x 13 pan and bake at 450 for 60 minutes or until browned, turning periodically while cooking.

To Participate:

  • Post a recipe on your blog with a LINK BACK HERE. PLEASE REMEMBER THE LINK!
  • Fill in the Mr. Linky with your name and recipe title and on the second line put the link directly to your recipe post, not your general blog address.
  • Then go look at all the other links and get great ideas for next weeks menu.


17 comments:

WendyDarling said...

Your potatoes sound great. I'll have to make these this week.

Glad to have you back. :-)

Susan said...

I can't wait to see all of this week's great recipes!

Anonymous said...

This is perfect! Potatoes are on sale her 5 lbs for $.99 so I will be cooking a LOT of potatoes.

Lynn said...

I love oven roasted potatoes. I like to use butter or part oil and part butter. Butter helps get them crispier. I just found your site this week and I love it. Thanks.

Cheryl said...

I'm the dunce that forgot to put the name of the recipe...sorry. Baked Ziti, btw...

Anonymous said...

I like to new site. It looks great. I have away for awhile so I don't when you put the new one up. You always have great recipes.

April said...

mmmm, must go buy potatoes now :)

Elizabeth said...

Looks delish! Added you to my blog list too.

Unknown said...

Glad I found your site. Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

That recipe sounds delicious! I may need to think about a recipe to post when I get home tonight!

By the way, you're tagged!

http://journeytostayinghome.blogspot.com

Miriam said...

Did I miss something that alot of these comments are about potatoes when the post is about a very yummy looking CHOCOLATE cake recipe? LOL. That looks similar to my mom's Whacky Chocolate Cake recipe, only a smaller version. The whole cocoa, sugar, flour, vanilla, vinegar, oil and water thing :)

Brandy said...

Yum! And I always have these ingredients on hand.

momstheword said...

They also have depression stew and depression soup and all sorts of other things. (My mom has a cookbook with those recipes in it). I'll bet you could probably find them on the web though.

Rides the whirlwinds and directs the Storms said...

I make the same cake all the time you can also mix some cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on the cake before cooking mmmmmmmm it makes a crispy crust on the top and it is soooo good! I use apple cider vinegar instead of regular I don't know if that makes a difference? And the recipe I have says you can substitute the water for day old coffee I have made it this way but it is a little to strong for me.

Terri said...

I love this recipe swap! I look forward to it every Friday.
Thanks!

rebecca said...

My mother would make this all the time growing up (my older brother was allergic to pretty much everything except sunshine) and we called it Wacky Cake

Anonymous said...

Ok, so something is not working right. I don't see ANY links to see everyone's recipes. And the other comments that are tied to this post are from last week, not this week. However, I am glad you shared the depression cake recipe, and I can't wait to try it.