- Call ahead to check on hours. Some farms have odd hours or unforeseen circumstances that cause closures or berry shortages.
- Go early in the morning to the get the best fruit that's ripened overnight.
- Speak to the farmer or worker to find out where the best patch is.
- Bring snacks, sunscreen, water bottles and hand wipes ( berry picking can be messy).
- Wear old clothes and shoes and bring hats to shield your face from the sun.
Have a great weekend and we'll see you in a few days for Menu Plan Monday. Don't forget to cruise the Grocery Cart Challenge archives over the weekend for some frugal tips on homemade housecleaning products, great frugal recipes and more!