Monday, April 5, 2010

GCC Shopping Round Up

Last week I didn't do the grocery link up and I'm sorry if you missed it. This week it's life as normal, well except for the fact that today was my first day back at college after a 20 year hiatus. Life is never dull around here and I'm wondering how my ever busy life might impact my spending and home cooking. Guess we'll both just have to wait and see.

I did notice that a bag of frozen corn somehow hitched a ride in my shopping bags today. I didn't put it in my cart but I ended up paying for it. I'm wondering if the guy in line in front of me got home and realized he was missing his corn.

It was also an extra crazy day today. I think I came and went from my house no less than 4 times with all our various Monday activities and I'm trying not to cringe as I think about how much gas that probably cost me. So please excuse the fact that it took way more pictures to photograph today (due to the chaos) and lots of stuff is upside down or turned around. At 11pm I'm afraid I'm too tired to do it over.

So, here's how the shopping went.

S & S Liquidators

Brownie mix $.99
2 soy milk $.98
4 garlic $1.00
diced tomatoes $.39
canned corn $.39
crackers $.99
2 large tomato soup $1.58
2 jars spaghetti sauce $1.98
2 bags of linguine $.98
dishwasher detergent $2.99

Grocery Outlet

Corn Chips $1.79
frozen corn $.79
Sausage patties $3.99
28oz tomatoes $.99
ponytail holders $.99
Ketchup $2.99
3 tomato paste $1.00


Win-co

Hamburger $5.90
.74 lbs Bulk granola $1.17
Frozen berries $2.00
lettuce $1.98
yogurt $1.78
canned beans $.68
3 lbs Bulk oats $.94
7 apples $2.62
ranch dressing mix $.43
Sour cream $1.68
2.32 lbs bananas $1.35
bulk dog rawhide (not pictured because dog ate it already) $3.02
nasal spray (not pictured) $1.36
1.25 lbs bulk cashews $6.24

Grand Total $55.96

Would you like to tell us about your shopping trip? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your return to college! That's really great, and very inspiring!

Sonshine said...

great job on your shopping!

I found that if I had my crockpot working for me and I planned ahead even having meals in components in the freezer helped to save money during the time that I was working and hubby was in college. :)

LB said...

Congratulations on going back to school! I too am back in school after over 20 yrs of no school. But my kids are grown so I don't have that added craziness. You can do it! If I can, with everything we have been through since I started, (4 moves in 3 years as a starter!) anyone can.