Wednesday, October 12, 2011

GCC Shopping Round Up

On grocery shopping day I usually ask everyone in the house, "Is there anything you need?" I'll get crazy answers like "Nutella" from the girl, and "McDonalds" from all of the boys. But this week my husband called out, "2 dozen apples". Huh? How can one man need two dozen apples in a week? Seems he's ready to pull out the juicer. His apples on top of what everyone else consumes would be almost 3 dozen. So......I just decided to buy a whole box. Yep, a 40lb box. Since my stupid apples trees are diseased and haven't produced much in the last few years I've had to buy all my apples. I've missed the overflow of applesauce and pies so I went for it. I'm sure next week they will be begging me to never bring home an apple again.

Here's what else I got.


Win-co

soy sauce $1.15
Ketchup $2.50
hoagie rolls $1.76
milk $2.53
bay leaves $3.41
whipping cream $3.38
2 cans chili $1.96
spaghetti $3.16
cheddar cheese $4.98
butter $2.78
feta $4.68
bulk macaroni $1.73
sour cream $1.28
spinach $1.78
bulk beef bouillon $1.91
5 lbs carrots $2.28
celery $.91
boneless chuck $8.82
tomatoes $1.71
15 lbs potatoes $2.48
40lbs apples $35.19

Grand Total $90.38


Would you like to tell us about your shopping trip? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery cart Challenge.

No comments: